Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Layers

Layers


We are all looking for something 
You have to pay close attention
Look beyond what the natural eyes can see
And currently I lay my eyes on a fortress
Fort Knox locks from her mind heart & box
Yes. I said box. 
Treasures of all types aren't rewarded without a fight
And to rather intervene and claw my way into her jeans
I simply sit down at the war table to discuss her dreams
Her ambition makes me listen
Love it when a plan comes together
Get her a Faceman, B.A. & Murdock.
Got herself an A-Team
Pity the fool who pass up on her
But yet it was your past that turned on her
She was never the reason but they always called treason
Downsides of treating to false kings I guess
But I digress
After running so many miles
Going through these trials
And errors
Skin got thicker but the cut still runs deep
So as the layers build
The wall gets higher the climb
Potholes and forks in the road to lengthen the ride
Quicksand right in front of the finish line
Just to teach you how to sink...or swim
If she had to go through obstacles 
Just to find fake gems as her prizes
Why cant I jump over the fire
Just to remove all of her disguises?
Behind all the vines, thorns sticking out
Lies a golden rose
Place it on a mantle and let it shine forever
She's different and I can see that
Before they try to put out her light
Let me keep up the fire to her flame
Melting all the layers she hides behind
I'd rather see that queen flaunt her royalty



No comments:

Post a Comment