Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Ice Cream

Ice Cream



You remind me of my summer Harlem Days
Ringtone reminds me of the Mister Softee melody
I order a cone with sprinkles or maybe a chocolate coat
Cuz under that hard shell, lies your sweet soft center
Not many people see that side of you
They usually get the firecracker
Or one of those character based pops
You know? It looks legit on the wrapper
But the real thing looks NOTHING like it
Its true when they say it takes time to see the real you
Beneath the chocolate or strawberry crunch pieces, reveals your true flavor
French vanilla thrill
Sucked into the stawberry station
Captured coffee cream
Caught up by the caramel 
Chocolate fudge drippin from the cone
Night curfews cap off with the taste of view
Then again thats just my point of view
Now back track, this isn't a sex thing
Your more than what you're worth
Like a twenty five cent jumbo icee
Your flavor is more than your physical. 
Like you can look chocolate but taste vanilla or strawberry
Must be that neapolitan blend 
I grew up to be a cookies & cream/cookie dough man myself
A taste of you is all of you, mind body & soul
Whatchu bring to the table matches what was brought to the cone 
So when did you, the queen, became my new favorite flavored ice cream? 

No comments:

Post a Comment