Monday, March 23, 2009

Something

Another song or should I say "in the works". I wrote this verse at my job, thinking about an idea I had. To this day, I still don't know what else could fit in the song. When I write songs or write period, I tend to think a lot, write it down in the flow I have, then all of a sudden, draw a blank. I look back at what I wrote down so far and let it feel in my head for hours, days, months, years. That's why all the songs I write are so old to me but still have a new feel. Sometimes I wish I could be the listener instead of the creator. So far, this song about the word "something" and how it can used in different situations. Somethings we like, somethings we don't, somethings we have, somethings we see, etc. The word itself is a question to what makes an idea, subject, human or any object that "thing". I don't know, I think I think too much or it is something I'm trying to figure out. Umm,Something.

Something
Written By Aaron McMillan

something, something, something, something, something, something, something.
Something for the people to reach out
When the mother's have doubt
And the kids go out to sell crack and get back
With the money in their nap sack but that's
somehting we don't want to see past
It all just has us in a twirl with the
rotation of this world.
I had my eyes tell something when I was five
Mom doing drugs, pops saying goodbye
But that was no high, for the low times I wipe
my eyes. Crying with no sympthy so I conduct a eye suprise
for the kids doing right for their school
for thier home, so they roam for wanting
that one day to say, "I finally did something"

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome...i like wht u write...keep up the good work.. :)

    ReplyDelete