Friday, September 19, 2014

The #Back2Business Experience

So last night I went to this event called the Express & GQ Back 2 Business Celebration. It pointed out entrepreneurs and their business casual style as well as a networking social. For the time I was there, I felt a setting that I’m not usually used to. From being at all the parties to this multicultural and professional environment, I felt inspired. For a while, I’ve been wanting to switch my style up. Due to my current job, i’m too sweats and ball shorts. I do have my “business wear” but I want to expand on that clothing “library” of mine. And footwear wise, I’m all ball kicks no real type of casual kicks. Vans are almost finished and I’m down to my last pair of chucks due to a bleach incident. My style, my opinion, isn’t up to par at a business standpoint. This networking event gave me an outlook on the what to wear and how to wear it. Like when I dress up, people love it, but I want that to be an everyday thing. So seeing how others display a business casual style was definitely cool.
Another thing I realized, they sure love whiskey. They actually had a whiskey tasting as well as an open bar doing mixed drinks with mainly whiskey as the liquor. The little finger foods were cool too. Exotic buffalo chicken attached to celery with blue cheese on top. Also, dijon mustard mini cheeseburgers. Delicious.
Being in New York itself was just an exhilarating feeling. The bright lights. Everyone is suited up either in a business setting or a semi casual setting. Most of all, the environment sets a tone not many places can grasp. It inspires me to push harder to get out of my simple job and into a career thats in my career field. And I will achieve it.







No comments:

Post a Comment