Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Harlem Summer: Memoirs Of A Young Spirit

Ballin up in Riverbank
Rainbow shot. That ball sank
In the Bucket. I had dat white boy clutch
Cuzzin telling me that was all luck
He was the one wit the hoop dream
Yet he always wanted me on his team
I wasn't the best but I can jump
My game matched a quickie. Fast breaks n pumps.
I used to take it in so nicely.
Mainly in front of the girls wit the Icees.
Latinas had my heart, sorry mi corazon
Did my flirtin anytime I saw them alone
Say I was Rican or Dominican
I could pull it off cuz I was dumb light skin
And we would still go crazy at home
Playing baseball in the Streets of Edgecombe
Block Parties were jumping in July
Dat was our family reunion, they all came by.
Had DJ's all down the block
Hip-hop, R&b, Reggae, Bachata, No Rock
Use to get food like a starving child
I wish those days could have last a little while
When there were all smiles, no bummers
Ballin. Spanish chcks. Family. My Harlem Summers...

No comments:

Post a Comment