Friday, September 7, 2012

The Funeral. (RIP Monica C. Andre)

I don't cry. I usually don't. I see family new and old in here. As I write to calm my nerves down as I witness a body of the oldest cousin in my generation being laid to rest. In front of her mother. In front of her sisters. In front of her fiancé. In front her nieces and nephews. And worst of all, in front of her daughter that was in the Don't answer with a why or no asking for an explanation. Just know its cuz I have to. And hell no I ain't pledging with her. God give me strength. I know I never look to you for much. I have to be strong for my Family. I see family from close and afar. NY, ATL, Florida, Jersey, Washington, Dominica. All for the unfortunate passing of my dear cousin. Her work staff is here. Family friends old and young. This is too crazy. Seeing people cry in front of the casket is crazy. Seeing her daughter collapse with the realization that her mother is gone is crazy. Seeing her niece who'd you'd least expect to understand start crying is crazy. Can't see people cry. Then I'll start crying. I love seeing them laughing and smiling right now. Makes me feel great. An angel told me "Ppl always experience hell before they get to their blessing... Makes u appreciate your blessing more...Your blessing is coming." I will never know in what shape, way or form that blessing shall be in, but I promise to live on with her ways of working hard and always helping those who deserve it to follow and go for their dreams. I learned this from you and I will always love you Monica. RIP and I'll see you when my time comes

(MONICA C ANDRE - OCT 25 1979-AUG 23 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment