Friday, August 20, 2010

Love Lost by BuffyCup

It used to be here
But where is it now?
It used to seep out my pores
But now I can't recall how.
It put me to bed &
Woke me up in the morning
But now I cry myself to sleep
& wake up the next day
Wondering if you think of me or
If you push the thought of me away.
I was the girl that had it all,
But when you left it seems that all my success followed
I was full of spunk & life
Now I feel hollowed.
Its been over a year
I swore I'd be better
But I'm not and you are
& each night
My pillow gets wetter.
I finally let you go; the memories, the dreams
I step out my house the next day Feeling happy, serene
& you're there waiting, saying its me you want now
And my expression changes, we both end with a frown.
I finally have the chance to say all I've wanted to before
But I don't
I just smile, and you ask what the smile is for.
I'm not happy to see you
I've let you go at no cost
You're too late for this train, sir.
This love is long lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment