Friday, August 20, 2010

BFF? by BuffyCup

Under your tutilage I learned to climb a tree
Play sports like the guys
Scam us snacks and treats.
Hand in hand we walked to school.
I'd never known anyone
Cooler.
We fought for each other
Took a stupid blood oath
And swore we'd never part.
They never warned us
The feelings that would come
When we began to look different
And want different
Things.
No one explained the lust and
Jealousy
The closeness of every misunderstanding
We adored and lusted
Regretted and loathed
We'd felt it all until you began to
Love
And I began to leave
This wasn't supposed to be
You were like a brother to
Me
My excuses became rejection
And became your wound
But I loved you just the same
That's what wasn't clear to you.
How could I express the very thing
That I feared?
The thing offered up so easily
With no regrets or
Pretenses?
The thing that kept my mother
At the beck and call of every man
She felt this for?
No, I couldn't. So ignorance became my
Bliss.
Two semesters it took me
But I'd come to take away your pain
But it was I who'd be hurting
Forever
When I was directed not to your home
But a tombstone bearing your
Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment