Friday, November 5, 2010

Brandon Desir "The Good Life"



Sometimes I wish it were simpler
This life of mine

It'd be nice to have control
Instead of losing Time

I wish all my choices
Were painted black or white

How I desire my mind and heart
To end their constant fight

This life is so confusing
My paths are so unclear

Looking back on past decisions
I feel like I've wasted years

Shed a million tears
Never had enough smiles

Man, it'd be nice
If I could rest for a while

But then what would it be worth?
If all my achievements were the same

How strong my relationships be
Without the testing mind games?

Would my friendships be one dimensional
With every person I meet?

With no enemies at my heels
How motivated would I be?

What wisdom would I gain
Without making mistakes along the way?

When I take my last breath
Will I be able to say:

"I lived a good life..."?

No comments:

Post a Comment