Friday, April 24, 2009

Chasing The Lifestyle

Last night, i had a talk with a friend of mine, just catching up on some things from the past few days. I was talking about how I'm trying to save up money to do things i really need to do and want to do. It's gets hard to save because i have bills and living arrangements, but when it's not that i find myself buying stuff i really don't need right now. Last week, i got both checks from BCC and the pharmacy. I paid off my cell phone bill and was going to pay comcast but I wanted to wait til next week. After that, i go to Marshalls to see Daniel at work, and i buy a pink polo shirt and orange polo sneakers. I'm thinking to myself, i hate doing this. I don't like spending money on things i don't need to have. Not saying i don't like polo (mml), it seems like I'm chasing a lifestyle.

Chasing the lifestyle you want can be detrimental if you are not careful. It goes back to early 2000 and on. Everybody wanted spinning rims on their car because it look hot and it showed a cool style for cars. Wrong, that was the stupidest idea I've ever seen. If you're stopping at a stop light and you're rims spin, you can't see your rims spin. You would have to get out the car and look at them, like, "yea what's up man? i know these are hot right.? yea, aight i got to get back in my car. peace." Just stupid. Then most of the people i know would have new weaves, buy a brand new car with the rims, go on shopping sprees and go out to fancy restaurants WHILE they are living with their parents not paying rent, not paying child support, have two ore three kids that are not taking care of and didn't even graduate high school. I'm like, chasing a lifestyle is crazy if you don't know your limits.

We all fall victim to the chasing, whether it was the watch in middle school everybody had to the spinning rims. Don't chase a lifestyle for other people's enjoyment or standards. It wouldn't be a lifestyle, a lifestyle is something you obtain for your life's enjoyment and attributions. It's ok to chase it, but don't chase knowing you're going to step back to fix it. Strive for it in the right sense. Earn the lifestyle while taking the things you have already. Chase the lifestyle, don't let it chase you.

No comments:

Post a Comment