Friday, July 27, 2012

What I Learned At The Frank Ocean Concert

Coming from the Frank Ocean concert was a GREAT experience. I didn't think it would have me in such a mood to write a blog about it late night. It started in the beginning seeing Odd Future, come straight from their own concert to Frank's for support. Not a lot of "teams" in the industry do that. You got all these rosters full of people that don't know Eachother and yet freely use the word "brother/sister" or "family" around when they don't know the full definition. And yet Odd Future, ALL OF THEM, came through to support their friend. That's what real teams are, great friends who support Eachother and yet tell it like it is. Not a set of yes men or dick riding ass people. Odd Future is already a group of unique characters unlike MMG or Young Money who are just random heads on a label. Tyler, Taco, Earl and them were actually enjoying the concert as much as us in the audience. That to me is true support. As I further watched the concert, I watched Frank chose songs to perform that meant alot. Crack Rock, Strawberry Swing, Swim Good, Pyramids, American Wedding, Bad Religion and others. You realize that it's a guy who's really putting his heart out into his music. When it was he himself who had to display music on his own because his label wasn't trying to push him. If he didn't do that, imagine would there even be a frank ocean concert of this proportion? He had a real diverse crowd. Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, Asians, Indians, Hippies, Hoodlums, Urban, Suburban, Boondocks Living. They all listen to his music and know his lyrics. I watched him onstage and thought to myself, "I need to be greater" I am more than just what I'm doing now. It has nothing to do with singing but into exporting my product and my beliefs onto the world. I don't want to hold back because I feel like I have so much to offer. I want to do better for my future and family. I'm inspired to be onstage showing the world what I love to do. Whether its dance or singing or my art. I want the world to see. No longer am I afraid. I'm afraid for the world cuz I don't think they're ready for me. That's what this concert did. Help me expand my mindset. Yearn for something more...

No comments:

Post a Comment