Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Few Things I Want To Get Off My Chest

For the past weeks, I've been exploring things in my mental state then ever before. A lot of things in my life so far haven't gone the way I've planned. Mostly what I'm trying to do with my life so far is save enough money to get an apartment, get full-time at my state job, save up for a class this semester at BCC and put together this album. Now with my three jobs, music talent and help along the way from my friends, (mainly Daniel Benson) my life is set for good things to come. On the other hand, I haven't work as much as I want or need to due to the economy state. So pretty much everything is on a stand still for environmental progress.

Now besides these things, there is my social status. I just started being more active on Facebook and Twitter. Amazingly, I feel no different then I did before as far as being "noisy" to other people and trying to make myself know. Honestly, anybody that knows me ore even just seen what I've written on these sites can hint the obvious, that I'm a different type of individual. Point blank, I'm very old school. I use my phone to call and text message, I don't see as my life device. While every body's on Blackberry, IPhone, IPods, tending topics, being bi-sexual, overweight and celebrities. I'm listen to Cd's in my car, have a regular AT&T Nokia phone and just think about life and my path. Not to judge people because I believe there's more to people than this but it gets hard to stomach after awhile because the people that see on the web don't talk the same in real life. It just seems to me confusing and unreasonable.

Some say why do you even talk to these people or even care for them? Well, to honest I was just like them at some point but so desperate to fit in I lost myself. I lost what I liked, what I was used to and how I liked things. Its only natural to feel concern for things that don't make sense and inspire to help. Now to come back to my thoughts of my mental state, musically I've been lacking inspiration, preparation and mediation. I feel like there's nothing to do even though I stare at unfinished songs constantly. Every now and again, I find the laziness in myself and I don't like it. It gets to the point where I feel too comfortable and just don't do things. And when this feeling is realize and the planning begins again, I become a whole different person. Its like a person with OCD woke up out of a coma only find the house they slept in was abounded for years. So believe me when I say, the return is coming. I've seen and heard so many people I know elevate to bigger and better things, it's time for me to do the same. No more looking back now, time is still moving and the days are getting shorter..........

So with this said, the first single "Where Do We Go From Here" off of The Producer's Demo Tape Vol. 2 will be available tomorrow. Thanks for the love and support.

Aaron Maurice McMillan

No comments:

Post a Comment